More build breakages due to Debian libtool

Ganesan Rajagopal rganesan at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 30 00:34:39 EST 2006

> I'm using Debian unstable with g-wrap 1.9. I'll gladly confirm any library
> versions that I'm using but it's nearly always in sync with unstable because
> I use cron-apt every 24hrs to download and install updates for every
> available package.

That's not really relevant because the link errors are not with external
libraries but with internal libraries within gnucash.

> I fear these changes may be masking another problem that _only_ appears on
> your system and I'd advise that you double-check if any more come up because
> the only problems I've ever had with building gnucash svn on Debian are
> already fixed and liberally distributed through the gnucash-devel mailing
> list archive!
> :-)

Looks like you're correct. I found a build problem today because of a
missing symbol that's no longer in the source tree. It turned out that the
linker is picking up older installed libraries. Once I cleaned up my
installed tree everything is fine. The patches I sent are not
required. Sorry for the false alarm.

Ganesan

--
Ganesan Rajagopal