1.8 -> G2 Localization related troubles

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Jan 30 05:04:02 EST 2006

Hi,

someone mentioned this problem before, but somehow the problem is not as
general as I'd think.

Some other users (including me) have been using the 1.8 datafile with
non-ascii characters without problems in gnucash-SVN, i.e. the non-ascii
characters will be displayed and stored correctly in gnucash2. The
libxml2 library seems to automatically handle this conversion correctly,
at least in some cases. (libxml2-2.6.17) Yes, the 1.8 non-ascii form of
"óÅ..." is the problem here as it makes it impossible to use
"recode koi8..utf8 myfile".

Isn't there even a bugreport about this particular file conversion
problem in bugzilla? If there isn't, please enter one, maybe with a
short test file. http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GnuCash

Christian