r14317 - gnucash/trunk - Properly round values when setting the Base Value. Fixes #337505.

Nigel Titley nigel at titley.com
Tue Jun 6 12:03:03 EDT 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Nigel Titley <nigel at titley.com>:
>
>>> Properly round values when setting the Base Value.  Fixes #337505.
>>> (also fix a string, but the fixed string is already translated so
>>> shouldn't be a problem).
>>
>> Many thanks for this... one less thing to worry about in my VAT
>> registration. Good job you found it, I was looking in completely the
>> wrong place. Started a rebuild and I'll be able to test shortly
>> (although I've no doubt you fixed it).
>
> You're welcome.  I had time on the flight home yesterday to track it
> down.  There's another business ledger bug I still need to track down,
> where the query is pulling in "invalid" items.  I think QofQuery changed
> so that my query is no longer "correct".   I'll try to get it done soon.

Confirmed that #337505 is fixed. It also fixed another problem that I've
been having. I have one vendor who doesn't manage his own invoices/bills
(he's not very commercially minded). I sell his goods via the web site
and take 30% and pay him 70%. Everytime I sell an item for him I add an
entry in the current month's bill at his list price * 0.7 (using the
cell arithmetic functionality). At the end of the month I print out his
bill for him and send him the money. I was having trouble with the odd
one and the rounding problem was of course the issue. So this is fixed
too. Wonderful. I'll be able to look my accountant in the face again.

Nigel