Problem using checkinstall for G2 svn

digger vermont digVer at verizon.net
Tue Jun 13 15:12:41 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I'm trying to make a deb pkg using checkinstall.  In the end I get these
errors:

Selecting previously deselected package gnucash-svn.
(Reading database ... 147597 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking gnucash-svn (from .../gnucash-svn_r14358-1_powerpc.deb) ...
dpkg: error
processing /home/digger/src/SVN/gnucash/gnucash-svn_r14358-1_powerpc.deb
(--install):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/share/automake-1.9/COPYING', which is also in
package automake1.9
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
 /home/digger/src/SVN/gnucash/gnucash-svn_r14358-1_powerpc.deb

I get this error with the default prefix of /usr/local/ and I've now
tried /opt with the same result.

Given that I don't have this problem using checkinstall to build other
packages, does this look like a problem with G2's installation?

Thanks for your help,

digger