new banner, gnucash.org style change?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Jun 24 03:45:48 EDT 2006

On Saturday 24 June 2006 04:27, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 22:13 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > I'd like to see something between "basic" and "lighter"
>
> http://asynchronous.org/tmp/www.gnucash.org/?style=0.5

This style looks good for me too.

I take the liberty here to suggest some additional style improvements:

* On my system (Mandriva 2006, Firefox 1.5) the links in the menu and body of
the page are in blue (unvisited) or violet(tisch) (visited). Maybe you could
modify these colours also to be more in line with the header colours ?

* When clicking around through the site, I noticed that the Tutorials and Help
section uses a similar layout as the News section, but the titles on this
page have a darker background than on the News page. This dark colour is the
same as the colour used in the header in the original style. Combined with
the newly proposed style (between basic and lighter) this darker colour
doesn't make much sense anymore. I'd suggest to use one background colour for
all titles throughout the site (news item titles, documentation titles, and
maybe others). This can be either the same background colour as in the
headings or it can be the background colour already used on the news page.
Personally, I prefer the latter.

Kind regards,

Geert