new banner, gnucash.org style change?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Jun 24 12:56:10 EDT 2006

On Saturday 24 June 2006 18:09, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 09:45 +0200, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > * On my system (Mandriva 2006, Firefox 1.5) the links in the menu and
> > body of the page are in blue (unvisited) or violet(tisch) (visited).
> > Maybe you could modify these colours also to be more in line with the
> > header colours ?
>
> Yeah...  ?style=0-a ("simplicity with links") has the link colors
> changed, and I like the effect as well.

I missed this detail when comparing the different style sheets. I only started
paying attention to the links when I reached the last stylesheet. I like this
consistency better.

However...

> Indeed.  I think whatever the bgcolor for the header becomes should be
> used for the rest of the links and headers as well.

As Derek, I also like the newsitem headers to be in the light colour they are
now. All in the dark colour of the heading feels a bit heavy to me.

Also having two background colours (one for items, and one for the header) can
be used for the links as well:
Use the lighter colour for unvisited links and the darker colour for visited
links. That's a valuable visible feedback for people visiting the site for
the first time.

Apart from that, I find the layout rather good.

Cheers,

Geert