new banner, gnucash.org style change?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Jun 25 05:56:24 EDT 2006

On Saturday 24 June 2006 18:56, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > Indeed.  I think whatever the bgcolor for the header becomes should be
> > used for the rest of the links and headers as well.
>
> As Derek, I also like the newsitem headers to be in the light colour they
> are now. All in the dark colour of the heading feels a bit heavy to me.
>
> Also having two background colours (one for items, and one for the header)
> can be used for the links as well:
> Use the lighter colour for unvisited links and the darker colour for
> visited links. That's a valuable visible feedback for people visiting the
> site for the first time.

... On second thoughts, there is one caveat:

If the link colour (visited or unvisited) matches the background colours, any
link that happens on such a background colour would be invisible. The
download links for 1.9 documentation on the Tutorials and help section are
such an example.

Of course, if the site is consistent in having links displayed in white when
on a dark coloured background (like in the header) this is no problem, and
the proposed style would be nice.

Cheers,

Geert