new banner, gnucash.org style change?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Jun 26 21:04:49 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 12:09 -0400, Josh Sled wrote:
> > * When clicking around through the site, I noticed that the Tutorials and Help
> > section uses a similar layout as the News section, but the titles on this
> > page have a darker background than on the News page. This dark colour is the
>
> Yup.  The docs page in particular needs to be revised for both style and
> content.  I was fighting the urge to do some of that as part of the
> commit last night, but it wasn't related to the task at hand. :)  Soon,
> though.
>
> > doesn't make much sense anymore. I'd suggest to use one background colour for
> > all titles throughout the site (news item titles, documentation titles, and
>
> Indeed.  I think whatever the bgcolor for the header becomes should be
> used for the rest of the links and headers as well.

I've updated http://www.gnucash.org/beta/ with:

- the "in-between" background color (from style "0.5")
  - links styled to same color
  - the news item header style (that lighter purple-blue) was left alone

- the docs page simplified to be more vanilla.

- the atom feed generator fixed in a couple of ways.

- the mirrors navigation removed (the translations moved over into
  their place (left-aligned) to simply satisfy CSS layout logic).

Unless I hear some complaints, I'll push this out to the public site
tomorrow.

--
...jsled