New mailing-list search: call for testers, translators, and html beauticians

Aaron Larson Aaron at larsonsonline.net
Sat Mar 4 15:59:29 EST 2006

DA> I've been playing with Namazu on the gnucash listserver to provide
DA> improved searching of the mailing list archives.  I've got a
DA> preliminary service up and running on the server at:

DA>    https://lists.gnucash.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi

It looks pretty good to me.  I've used swish-e as a search engine for
mailman based searches, and its not nearly as fully featured as the
search interface for namazu.  Did it take long to set up?  Was there
more customization beyond
http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/mail-search/nmz/?

When I first browsed the namazu docs it looked like the default was to
search all the subindicies if none were selected, but that does not
appear to be the case.  If you don't select a list the search fails
(no hits) and the diagnostic message in that case "ain't great":

    No document matching your query.

Perhaps it would be advisable to group the "non language" mailing
lists first, and default them to being checked.  Here is a patch that
does that, and also includes some javascript to "[un]select all".