File loading significantly slowed down in r13460

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Mar 5 08:39:26 EST 2006

Chris,

as I already wrote in that other msg: The loading of a file has significantly
slowed down after the most recent commits. I've verified this speed change to
be introduced in the -r 13458:13460 change (13459 doesn't compile), although
both versions don't completely compile due some symbol changes. But in 13458
everything is as before, and in 13460 file loading is slower by a factor of
two.

That isn't an immediate error, but it's annoying nevertheless, because somehow
we got along faster than we do now.

Should I track this down in more detail, like obtaining a function list of
cachegrind? Or is it already obvious for you where the problem might be?

Christian