umlauts garbled up

Eildert Groeneveld Eildert.Groeneveld at fal.de
Fri Mar 10 12:07:21 EST 2006

Hello Folks

my umlauts (these funny German characters like äöü) are all f..cked up in the
current svn:
 Dank fÌrs
Setting LANG or LC_ALL does not have an effect. It seems that the problem is
in fact in the data file. After unzipping there are lines like

 <slot:value type="string">Vielen Dank fÌrs Glas</slot:value>

changing the encoding on the editor also does not have an effect. So it seems
that the - originally correct - encoding was wrongly encoded at some point.
I can probably just use vi to fix this back to ü or whatever. But is this a
problem that needs further attention?

greetings
--
Eildert