Strings, Strings and Strings again :-)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Mar 19 15:45:37 EST 2006

Hi Tor,

Am Sonntag, 19. März 2006 14:45 schrieb Tor Harald Thorland:
> Since we are getting closer to the string freeze as Christian said in
> another mail here, I'll like to highlight a couple of strings here...
> Some are "missing", and the others i'll suspect as not to be translated.
> They are no big deal if they should be translated or not, but it is noce
> to get rid of them if they are something that is not in use anymore.

Thanks for all of them. Please keep on notifying us about each of those
untranslated strings :-)

> **/Easy Invoice:\**
> On the Easy Invoice I'll still missing these. I guess the "invoice not
> posted" is something comming from some code, and not the scheme.. (If I
> have understod it right...)
> - Invoice #
> - INVOICE NOT POSTED
> - Thank you for your patronage
> - "Display the price per item" wich is a "Tip" for the Price checkbox
> under Options on Fancy Invoice

Thanks. Are all marked for translation now.

> **/Other question\**
> 1. What is "Proximo" according to my dictionary it is something like "in
> the next month"
>

> 2. Isn't the string below a little... total total....
> "Display each entry's total total tax"
> #. src/business/business-reports/fancy-invoice.scm
> #. src/business/business-reports/easy-invoice.scm
> #. src/business/business-reports/invoice.scm
> #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3200 ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3400
> #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3588
>

> 3. Shall this one be "translated" as well?
> "T"
> #. src/business/business-reports/fancy-invoice.scm
> #. src/business/business-reports/easy-invoice.scm
> #. src/business/business-reports/invoice.scm
> #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3154 ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3354
> #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3542

Seems to me it should be the abbreviation for "Tax". To me, it seems a very
U.S. thing to abbreviate various things on a form by one single letter -- you
wouldn't do that in my home language at all. Whatever. In scheme there's no
easy alternative compared to translating only one character (IIRC there is no
disambiguation prefix / context prefix), so just translate it into an
abbreviation for "Tax".

> 4. This one.. is not shown anywhere on the invoice.. what is it, and
> should it be translated? There are quite a few strings/word wich is
> written in uppercase letters. I have seen a comment on some of them, but
> not all
> "REF"
> #. src/business/business-reports/fancy-invoice.scm
> #. src/business/business-reports/easy-invoice.scm
> #. src/business/business-reports/invoice.scm
> #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3298 ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3500
> #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:3660
>
> 5. And What about this.. Is it some testing string or..
> "[rmw] THIS WINDOW SHOULD NOT BE CREATED"
> #: ../src/gnome/glade/register.glade.h:75
> And
> #: ../src/gnome/glade/register.glade.h:74
> And
> #: ../src/gnome/glade/register.glade.h:73

These should not appear in the translation pot file. I've removed the
translatable="yes" marker for this. Thanks for pointing these out.

Christian