gwrap error?

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 21 11:06:23 EST 2006

On Mar 21, 2006, at 5:14 AM, Christian Stimming wrote:

> David Reiser schrieb:
>> Does this mean my g-wrap is broken?:
>
> No, it might mean I've accidentally resized the stack to a too
> small value.

I think it's just me.

>> Making all in test
>> Making all in mod-foo
>> FLAVOR=gnome /opt/local/bin/guile -c \
>>   "(set! %load-path (cons \"/opt/share/guile/site\" %load-path)) \
>>            (primitive-load \"./foo-gwrap.scm\") \
>>            (gw:generate-wrapset \"foo-gwrap\")"
>> <unnamed port>: In expression (vector-ref syntmp-symnames-907
>> syntmp-i-911):
>> <unnamed port>: Stack overflow
>> make[6]: *** [foo-gwrap.c] Error 2
>>
>> svn13669, MacOS X 10.4.5, gcc 4.0.1, g-wrap 1.9.6
>
> That's in src/gnc-module/test/mod-foo ? Can you edit the file
> foo-gwrap.scm and increase the number in the (debug-set! stack 200000)
> directive? We used to set this to 2,000,000, but then the windows g-
> wrap
> complained about the number being too large and I decreased it to
> 200,000. If the current 200,000 is too small for you, can you
> increment
> it in steps of 100,000 until the error goes away? It is sufficient to
> run "make" in that particular directory.

No change in error after increasing all the way to 2,000,000.

> I'm curious as to what size is sufficient so that it works on your
> system. Clearly all the other developers didn't have a problem with
> the
> current stack size, as otherwise they had been complaining two
> weeks ago.

I had successfully built a version last week after you lowered the
number. But then I figured I wanted gnucash to print. Libgnomeprint2
has simply refused to handle _any_ fonts for me. So I ripped out my
fink gnome tree and replaced it with the darwinports version. Now I
can print from gnome applications, but almost nothing else works.
Aren't computers in the hands of unskilled (non)developers wonderful?
At least I'm learning about the build system...

--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net