[Gnucash-changes] r13864 - gnucash/trunk/src/gnome - Remove some unnecessary BeginEdit/CommitEdit calls.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 3 11:32:53 EDT 2006

Chris Shoemaker <chris at cvs.gnucash.org> writes:

> Modified: gnucash/trunk/src/gnome/gnc-plugin-page-register.c
[snip]
>    /* Now update the original with a pointer to the new one */
> -  xaccTransBeginEdit(trans);
>    kvp_val = kvp_value_new_guid (xaccTransGetGUID(new_trans));
>    kvp_frame_set_slot_nc(txn_frame, "reversed-by", kvp_val);
> -  xaccTransCommitEdit(trans);
>    qof_event_resume();

I think you may still need this BeginEdit/CommitEdit pair here
because there's no transactional auto-commit in setting the
kvp.

> Modified: gnucash/trunk/src/gnome/gnc-split-reg.c
[snip]
>    /* Now update the original with a pointer to the new one */
> -  xaccTransBeginEdit(trans);
>    kvp_val = kvp_value_new_guid (xaccTransGetGUID(new_trans));
>    kvp_frame_set_slot_nc(txn_frame, "reversed-by", kvp_val);
> -  xaccTransCommitEdit(trans);

Potentially the same thing here...

> Modified: gnucash/trunk/src/gnome/reconcile-list.c
[snip]
> -  trans = xaccSplitGetParent(split);
> -  xaccTransBeginEdit(trans);
>    xaccSplitSetReconcile (split, YREC);
>    xaccSplitSetDateReconciledSecs (split, *date);
> -  xaccTransCommitEdit(trans);

Don't you want to transactionalize these changes into a single commit?

[snip]
> -    trans = xaccSplitGetParent(split);
> -    xaccTransBeginEdit(trans);
>      xaccSplitSetReconcile (split, recn);
> -    xaccTransCommitEdit(trans);

And don't we need to commit this transaction when we're done?