Building gnucash-1.9 from svn on OS X

Kevin Broderick gnucash at kevinbroderick.com
Thu May 11 20:32:14 EDT 2006

I've got it working and I added a wiki page detailing how I did it
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSXInstallation>.

Many thanks to David Reiser for getting me started in the right
direction and Derek for helping me through a few configure issues via
IRC.

Overall, the installation wasn't particularly difficult; I did get
some very interesting results when I tried to install at a different
location than what I had given in the initial configure command (i.e.
I was dumb enough to try to change --prefix after compiling); these
problems went away with a make distclean ; ./configure ... ; make
install .  If that's not expected behavior, let me know and I'll try
to reproduce it.  Also of note is that I do not use aqbanking or
ofxconnect, and I've been advised by David that those packages do
require a slightly different set of hoops to jump through during
compilation.

I do plan to spend some more time looking for quirks and comparing my
results with bugzilla either later tonight or tomorrow night, so
hopefully I can be of some use.

Thanks to all the devs for their hard work; I'm happy to see the
results.

Kevin T. Broderick
gnucash at boltonvalley.com