PROBLEM opening a gnucash 1.8 file

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon May 15 17:28:34 EDT 2006

> >There's definitely something fishy going on in my system. Gnucash-2
> >cant even
> >open it's own files. Created a new file (just clicked always
> >forward, accepting
> >the defaults in the wizard), saved it an closed gnucash. Then I've
> >restarted
> >gnucash and it was unable to open the just created file. /tmp/
> >gnucash.trace
> >loglevel=6 attached.
> >
> >Will investigate more tomorrow.
>
> I had similar issues after trying to run gnucash from a location
> other than that specified during the original ./configure process;
> after a make distclean, reconfigure (with the right prefix this
> time), and recompile, it worked just fine.  Did you follow the
> configure and compile immediately with a make install, or is it
> possible that you managed to install with a path differing from that
> expected during compilation?
>
> Kevin T. Broderick
> gnucash at kevinbroderick.com

Sorry for the long delay, but I was fighting some compile issue. The problem is
fixed in rev 14078 from svn with rev 14037 reverted (to make this beast compile
on my box). As has been sugested in another thread, r14026 had a merge conflict
which was fixed in r14038.

btw. gnucash with gtk2 interface truely looks polished at first glance. Awesome
work!

-daniel