Batch printing of invoices from gnucash

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Tue May 16 18:29:35 EDT 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Hey, you get what you pay for.  Would you rather pay Intuit $300-500
> and have to do everything in Windows?  ;)

I've been using gnucash for a long time, and it does very well apart
from it's lack of scalability. This is just an observation, if we need
to pay to solve the problem then I have no problem paying, although at
the moment there are no plans to replace the macs with windows machines ;).

> Honestly, I don't know.  The problem is that the reports are generated
> as HTML and output through GtkHTML, and the PDF generation is performed
> by the
> interaction of gtkhtml and gnome-print.  It's unlikely this would work
> without a GUI.

If it were possible to get access to the HTML (assuming it's parseable
as XML) from the command line, it would be a huge step in the right
direction. This lends itself to automatic report generation, which can
be made available for download, etc.

Regards,
Graham