SVN compile error

Sigve Indregard sigve.indregard at gmail.com
Wed May 17 12:54:59 EDT 2006

Hi,

SVN compiled fine for me until I updated it today (r14092). Now it stops
at src/import-export/test (more precisely test-link):

../../../src/gnome-utils/.libs/libgncmod-gnome-utils.so: undefined
reference to `gnc_commodity_begin_edit'
../../../src/gnome-utils/.libs/libgncmod-gnome-utils.so: undefined
reference to `gnc_commodity_commit_edit'

I thought this might be related to r14080, so I reverted to 1.9.6
(r14072). That changed the error to:

../.libs/libgncmod-generic-import.so: undefined reference to
`gnc_tree_view_find_column_by_name'

My method for upgrading was like this:
gnucash> svn [-r14072] up
gnucash> make distclean
gnucash> ./configure && make

configure did not output anything unusual.

OTOH, a "straight" 1.9.6 tarball from gnucash.org compiled perfectly. Is
this some kind of error in make distclean?
--
Sigve Indregard

If a committee is allowed to discuss a bad idea long enough, it
will inevitably decide to implement the idea simply because so
much work has already been done on it.

  (Cruickshank's Law of Committees)