SVN compile error

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 17 13:03:37 EDT 2006

Quoting Sigve Indregard <sigve.indregard at gmail.com>:

> OTOH, a "straight" 1.9.6 tarball from gnucash.org compiled perfectly. Is
> this some kind of error in make distclean?

No, I'm fairly sure that this is debian's libtool patches biting you.
Debian's hacked their libtool so it doesn't recursively find libraries,
so it's not finding the libraries it needs to compile the test link.

Now, I have no idea why 1.9.6 works for you...  Something funky
is going on.  But I bet if you go into the Makefile.am and add all
the "appropriate" libraries to LDADD it will fix the symptom.  Please
send in a patch once you get it working so I know what libraries you
need.