Splash Screen Revisited

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Sat May 20 10:37:11 EDT 2006

Well, I'm going to be a bit more opinionated than everyone else, but I do
think it's great that you're taken on the work :)

Joshua Facemyer / Impressus Art wrote:
> As far as the lines go, I've lightened them and sent them back, but if
> they're still too much, I'll take them out.
Yes, I think there is way too much visual clutter in this image, I think you
need to simplify things to give it more impact.

Firstly I think the logo type is a bit too weak, something bolder would I
think have more impact.

Secondly I think you ought to take the best idea you've had here an expand
it, simplifying the image in the process. Specifically I think the bank card
cash and money are great, focusing on them and making them bigger would be
nice I think. I'd love to see you make some gnu banknotes and gnu coins,
there is plenty of gnu artwork about you can use:
http://www.gnu.org/graphics/graphics.html
http://adele.gerwinski.de/~anja/gnuart/aurelio/index.html

I'd strip away the background entirely, leaving it white, or perhaps using a
single solid colour. And I'd use a lot less - possibly even none at all -
transparency (I know it's cool, but it doesn't really make any sense in this
context). I'd also like to see the strip on the bank card without
transparency and without the gradient.

Apologies for shooting down you're work so harshly, especially when I'm not
doing anything to help myself.

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>