New logo stuff

Joshua Facemyer / Impressus Art faceman at impressusart.com
Mon May 22 13:06:08 EDT 2006

So here's my newest stuff with my opinion.

I like the original simplicity, and the check "watermark", so I took out
the pen from the check image and put it back in.  I think it keeps the
overall appearance simple, clean and meaningful.

I took out the money symbols and the wavy line / stock tape with them.
I figured, along the lines of the original argument, if we just us
one/some symbols, somebody's left out.  Also, I just think they looked
silly.  And I couldn't figure out how to make the tape look right
(sorry).  Besides, I think it did make it too crowded.

I left the wavy line at the top because I just liked it better than
anything else.  And I think a lot of others did too.  So if you really
don't like it (or do), make sure to speak up again.  But I think it
looks nice, and I think it looks nice in the logo and banner also.

As for the GNU money idea, I liked it so I put a lot of effort into a
bill and redesign of the credit card and coins.  I've posted large
versions of them so you can see them up close.  I think they turned out
well.  And again, it makes more sense to have generic things in the
splash than specific nationalities' mints, so there you have it.

Try the splash9sm.png in your gnucash dir as gnucash_splash.

That's what I have to say.  Give me your feedback.

http://www.impressusart.com/download/splash9sm.png
http://www.impressusart.com/download/splash9.png
http://www.impressusart.com/download/logo2.png
http://www.impressusart.com/download/icon2.png