New logo stuff

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon May 22 12:17:40 EDT 2006

Quoting Joshua Facemyer / Impressus Art <faceman at impressusart.com>:

[snip]
> That's what I have to say.  Give me your feedback.
>
> http://www.impressusart.com/download/splash9sm.png
> http://www.impressusart.com/download/splash9.png
> http://www.impressusart.com/download/logo2.png
> http://www.impressusart.com/download/icon2.png
> http://www.impressusart.com/download/banner3.png
> http://www.impressusart.com/download/gnu_cash.png

I really like the splash screen.  Honestly I'd like to see it a little
bigger than the splash9sm (but smaller than the splash9)..  Maybe make
the small one about 50% bigger?  E.g. 1.5*width x 1.5*height?  But the
look and feel I like a lot!

Indeed, I like everything EXCEPT banner3.  I find the squiggly line too
pronounced.  Maybe it's just a constrast thing.  in the splash screen the
background is darker, so the squigly line isn't as bold, whereas in the
banner the background is white is the squigly is much stronger.  I find
the stronger squigly in banner3 to be distracting.

THANKS!