Postgres progress; WAS: Deactivate --enable-sql because PostgreSQL backend is still broken and we can't fix it before 2.0.0; bug#332251.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 25 10:07:31 EDT 2006

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, 25. Mai 2006 01:28 schrieb Chris Shoemaker:
>> I've been trying to see how far I can bring the postgres backend in
>> the past couple days, on the misc-backend branch.
>>
>> Currently, I've been successful at:
>>
>>   - opening a database created with 1.8
>>   - saving the opened database as an xml file
>>   - creating a new database with 1.9
>
> Great! Well, that's at least something working again. Thanks a lot!

Definitely!  Thank you.

>> So, what should we do?  Merge now or wait?  I don't have a strong
>> opinion either way, but I'd probably suggest to merge now.
>
> I'd agree to merge now.

I agree.  merge now.

I know it's past string freeze, but.....  Is it potentially worthwhile
to pop up a dialog when the user opens a postgres database telling
them that postgres is deprecated and that they should File -> Save As
in order to continue using future versions of gnucash?