Postgres progress; WAS: Deactivate --enable-sql because PostgreSQL backend is still broken and we can't fix it before 2.0.0; bug#332251.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu May 25 15:02:54 EDT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 25. Mai 2006 16:07 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> >> I've been trying to see how far I can bring the postgres backend in
> >> the past couple days, on the misc-backend branch.
>
> I know it's past string freeze, but.....  Is it potentially worthwhile
> to pop up a dialog when the user opens a postgres database telling
> them that postgres is deprecated and that they should File -> Save As
> in order to continue using future versions of gnucash?

If it were much more helpful to have such an extra dialog, compared to not
having one, then we might agree to add those strings. But frankly I don't see
much value in that. We could add an AC_MSG_WARN if --enable-sql is used
(probably in the message at the end), but on opening a database every time?
Is probably more of something annoying instead of something really
interesting.

Christian