Automatically split transactions with sales tax or VAT (Value added tax) when a transaction is booked to an sales or value-added-tax related account

Nigel Titley nigel at titley.com
Tue Nov 14 10:44:22 EST 2006

> Gnucash already has a feature to automatically calculated sales or VAT tax per
> customer. But that feature does not help if you have anonymous customers
> (e.g. super market customers) or if you have a lot of customers (more than
> can be managed in Gnucash).
>
> What do you think? Who else would like to have this feature?

I would love this feature. I use gnucash to do the finances for my (VAT
registered) ecommerce company. At the moment we are seeing relatively
small numbers of sales and I can just about keep up by entering the
splits manually. If sales doubled then I'd have real problems (mind you,
it would a problem I'd love to have). For credit account customers I
handle them using the business accounting features and it works well. It
is the website/credit card customers that have the potential to overwhelm.

Nigel