crypto grumble

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 15 00:33:14 EST 2006

I've been slowly climbing the gnucash dependency packaging cliff in
fink. Provided I learned my lessons well enough, it should only take
a week or two for aqbanking to get approved. Then the full version of
gnucash can make it into the pipeline.

Since aqbanking and gwenhywfar will be in the crypto tree for the
foreseeable future, while libofx and crypt::ssleay have escaped that
fate, I'll only need to consider 2 packages for gnucash. Peter
O'Gorman did the 1.x version as a splitoff, and that might work now
too. But in any case, there will need to be a second name for the
online banking capable gnucash (in the packaging realm -- execution
still triggered as 'gnucash' either way)

Does anybody care what the two instances of gnucash are called? I'm
presuming the gnucash+standard ofx import will just be called
gnucash, while the aqbanking enabled instance will be gnucash-yyy.
 From a make-it-plain-to-the-user perspective, I definitely don't
want yyy to be 'crypto', but I'm not too fond of 'onlinebanking'
either. The only reason I have any reservation about gnucash-
aqbanking is that perhaps that isn't clear enough to the users, either.

Suggestions?

Dave
--
David Reiser