Problems with custom invoice

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 21 12:07:01 EST 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Brian <dol-sen at telus.net> writes:
>
>> Yes the 2 code blocks are slightly different.  But my installed version
>> is 2.0.1 and the printable & easy invoices do not show the
>> "Billing Address Name" either.  Only the Customer Name & Billing
>> Address.
>
> Oh, NONE of the code pulls out the Billing Address Name.  I clearly
> misunderstood what you were asking.  I'm not convinced that it's a
> bug, but I would agree it's a "missing feature".

It *definitely* did in 1.8.10 -- that's why I noticed the sudden change
with 2.0.2.  The contact name aka billing address name used to be part
of the address.

The confusion re the correct name for this field comes from the 'Find
Customer' window where it shows up in a column headed 'Contact'.

> You would need to
> pull out something like:
>
>   (gnc:address-get-name (gnc:owner-get-address (gnc:invoice-get-owner invoice)))

That did the trick -- thanks.

> I suppose I could add a gnc:owner-get-name-contact-address-dep API ;)

I'll post a generic version of my invoice when I'm sure it's working (as
I did some months ago for the 1.8 version).

cheers

Chris

Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK