packaging and config params

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 5 01:29:52 EDT 2006

It looks like I am going to inherit the fink gnucash maintainership.
Argh. The 2.0.1 packaging file by someone who knows what he's doing
is functional, except that the contents of libexec are built in the
install tree instead of the build tree (with the side effect that
removing gnucash leaves behind the libexec files).

fink apparently doesn't like having a libexec directory, so gnucash
has been configured in fink with --libexecdir=%p/lib, where %p almost
always represents /sw. This substitution/config parameter was also
done for at least the 1.8 series of gnucash too.

So /sw/lib/gnucash/overrides/* gets created at buildtime instead of
waiting for installtime.

Is it obvious to any of you what might be causing this behavior, or
how I might convince the fink build system of the error of its ways?

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net