packaging and config params

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 5 10:29:36 EDT 2006

David,

I'm afraid I don't quite follow you here.  What do you mean by
"build tree" vs. "install tree"?  Normally the build process is:

./configure --prefix=/sw
make
make install DESTDIR=/path/to/tempspace
package up /path/to/tempspace
create install-scripts to perform operations (like gconf installations)

I don't know what you're doing and how it differs from the above.

-derek