GnuCash on Windows - CORBA errors

Mike Taylor miketay at xmission.com
Fri Oct 6 13:38:26 EDT 2006

I finally got through all the compiling and everything in the install.sh
with the win32 package on my Windows XP machine.  Right before the
install.sh script finished, it gave me this error:

------------
Failed to access configuration source(s): Adding client to server's list
failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
------------

However, it seems that everything still compiled regardless.

When I run GnuCash it brings up window after window of the command
prompt with the heading: c:/soft/gnome/libexec\gconfd-2.exe.  After
about thirty seconds of those command windows popping up and
disappearing it brings up an error in a GTK window: "An error occurred
while loading or saving configuration information for gnucash.  Some of
your configuration settings may not work properly".

The program seems to run but continually complains about "Cannot find
default values".  Here are the errors that are shown in the msys window:

------------
$ ./gnucash

This is a development version. It may or may not work.
Report bugs and other problems to gnucash-devel at gnucash.org.
You can also lookup and file bug reports at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
The last stable version was GnuCash 2.0.1
The next stable version will be GnuCash 2.2

Failed to load key /apps/gnucash/general/show_splash_screen: Adding
client to server's list failed, CORBA error:
IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/general/account_separator: Adding client to server's list
failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0Failed to load
key /apps/gnucash/general/auto_decimal_point: Adding client to server's
list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0Failed to
load key /apps/gnucash/general/auto_decimal_places: Adding client to
server's list failed, CORBA error:
IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/general/date_format: Adding client to server's list
failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0Failed to add
history section to watched directories in gconf: Adding client to
server's list failed, CORBA error:
IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0Failed to add history section to
watched directories in gconf: Adding client to server's list failed,
CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/general/toolbar_style: Adding client to server's list
failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0Failed to load
key /desktop/gnome/interface/toolbar_style: Adding client to server's
list failed, CORBA error: