r14931 - gnucash/branches/2.0 - Add ChangeLog entries.

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Sat Oct 7 04:23:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 07.10.2006, 10:04 +0200 schrieb Christian Stimming:
> Am Freitag, 6. Oktober 2006 13:48 schrieb Andreas Köhler:
> > Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/14931
> >    gnucash/branches/2.0/ChangeLog
> > Log:
> > Add ChangeLog entries.
>
> The ChangeLog entries are fine - but did you notice that this commit changed
> the encoding of the Umlaut in your family name? That's obviously not so good.
> We should really agree on some sustainable solution that avoids encoding
> ambiguities in the ChangeLog! I can imagine the following:
>
>  * Require all text in the Changelog be 7bit-ascii (i.e. change "Köhler" into
> "Koehler"; some names of some translators could also be concerned)
>
>  * Add the -*-encoding=latin1-*- or however it's called somewhere into the
> file -- must probably go at the end. I couldn't care less whether we choose
> latin1 or utf8, as long as we *do* choose one of them.
>
> Any other proposals?

Yes, actually I fixed them :)
The file was clean UTF-8 before, but a non-ascii 8-bit character slipped
in at r14603. Then Emacs opened it as ISO-8859-1 and we had mixed
encodings.

Btw, trac shows complete non-sense here...

I would vote for UTF-8. Emacs can handle that with file variables,
vi/whatever-users should pay attention.

If you let me I can apply the change, I still have a pending ChangeLog
entry I forgot yesterday ;-)

Any other file variables wanted?

> Christian

-- andi5