eek, disaster bug!

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Tue Oct 10 03:06:01 EDT 2006

I always use auto-split, which may be relevant.  This is with 2.0.2.

I create a new transaction, by filling in part of the memo field and
hitting tab.  The details are all filled in, which include two debits
and a credit.

I try to delete one of the debits with "Delete Transaction" from the
right-button menu.  I get the error:

"This transaction is already being edited in another register. Please
finish editing it there first."

I hit "close", and think, "maybe if I commit the transaction it will
let me fix it."  I click on the blank split item at the end of the
transaction, and hit return.  Nothing Happens.

I click another transaction in the register, and click back on the new
one.  I try to delete the unwanted split item again, and now gnucash
crashes.

Grr!

I'm especially bothered because I uploaded this gnucash with extra
urgency, since it was labelled as a big deal bug fixing thing and
included translation fixes.

Thomas