eek, disaster bug!

Herbert Thoma herbert.thoma at iis.fraunhofer.de
Tue Oct 10 10:35:27 EDT 2006

I can confirm this bug :-(

And I got a crash when entering a new transaction, too.
I did not get a blank split line at the end of the
transaction in the auto-split mode. When I tried to
enter the transaction by hitting return I got a
crash and this error message in the shell:

** ERROR **: file split-register-load.c: line 248 (gnc_split_register_load):
assertion failed: (pending_trans == NULL)
aborting...

  Herbert.

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> I always use auto-split, which may be relevant.  This is with 2.0.2.
>
> I create a new transaction, by filling in part of the memo field and
> hitting tab.  The details are all filled in, which include two debits
> and a credit.
>
> I try to delete one of the debits with "Delete Transaction" from the
> right-button menu.  I get the error:
>
> "This transaction is already being edited in another register. Please
> finish editing it there first."
>
> I hit "close", and think, "maybe if I commit the transaction it will
> let me fix it."  I click on the blank split item at the end of the
> transaction, and hit return.  Nothing Happens.
>
> I click another transaction in the register, and click back on the new
> one.  I try to delete the unwanted split item again, and now gnucash
> crashes.
>
> Grr!
>
> I'm especially bothered because I uploaded this gnucash with extra
> urgency, since it was labelled as a big deal bug fixing thing and
> included translation fixes.
>
> Thomas

Herbert Thoma
Head of Video Group
Multimedia Realtime Systems Department
Fraunhofer IIS
Am Wolfsmantel 33, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Phone: +49-9131-776-323
Fax:   +49-9131-776-399
email: tma at iis.fhg.de
www: http://www.iis.fhg.de/