No Help files + GNUCash 2.0.2 + SUSE 10.1

Tom Cada mtcada at attglobal.net
Fri Oct 13 11:01:16 EDT 2006

I have installed GNUCash 2.0.2 on my system that is running SUSE 10.1 (not
openSUSE). I had originally installed 10.1 with just the KDE window manager.

I have also installed gnucash-docs-2.0.1.

Because I did not install GNOME as well, many libraries were missing. I was
able to find and install them all so that eventually configure and make ran
OK. However, I did not know that yelp was needed and no error message was
generated. I got no response when I selected Tutorial and Concepts guide in
the help menu.

I posted to the users list and they suggested that yelp may be missing. I
checked and installed yelp along with a big bunch of dependant libraries and
programs. I then retried help and after a longish pause, the KDE Help Center
opened up and displayed the message:

There is no documentation available
for /usr/local/share/gnucash/gnome/help/gnucash/gnucash/C/gnucash-guide.xml.

Now the location of the help files is correct but (I guess) yelp is not being
invoked.

I have several times uninstalled (make uninstall, make clean, and make
distclean) and reinstalled GNUCash and its help files but to no avail. I
think (again a guess) that perhaps one of the .conf files is incorrect. I
don't want to go and delete any .conf file that refers to GNUCash though.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Tom.