gnucash 1.8.8

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 17 11:25:02 EDT 2006

Hi,

This isn't a devel problem, this should have been asked on -user.
Most likely the problem is that you inadvertantly modified a
reconciled transaction and it cleared the reconciliation.  You can
check this out by either searching for unreconciled transactions in
the account, or opening up the register and limiting the View to
unreconciled transactions.

If you have a transaction that should have been reconciled but isn't,
the way to fix it is to run the standard Reconcile process, set the
proper ending value, and just re-reconcile the account.  That will
bring it all up to date.  The reconcile process will also show you all
unreconciled transactions, so you could just try to reconcile with the
correct, valid, ending value and just fix the "broken" transaction.

-derek