Cross-platform GUI

Guillaume Lessard glessard at tffenterprises.com
Thu Oct 19 10:45:31 EDT 2006

--On 19 octobre 2006 07:35:26 -0700 Bob Hunter <catdogbeloved at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Guillaume, I observe that gnucash's website includes
> binaries for all sorts of linux distributions, but
> does not include the binary for osx. Why is that?

Because nobody supports the underlying dependencies for a living. If you
want to do it, go ahead!

Otherwise, drop it, Bob! This is a volunteer project.
Unless you can pay people to do what you cannot convince them to, it's not
going to happen. Software development is very expensive!

Maybe what you really want is to buy Quicken and be done with it? Then
again, with the same money you could buy a bigger hard drive and have
enough space to hold a macports build.

--
Guillaume Lessard
glessard at tffenterprises.com