Rebuild fails after svn update (win32)

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Sat Oct 21 08:38:06 EDT 2006

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 21.10.2006, 11:38 +0200 schrieb Stefan Schwandter:
> I managed to build gnucash succesfully on windows using install.sh
> last week. Now I tried to rebuild by running install.sh again, after
> svn updating the whole win32 directory of course, but the build stops
> very early with the following:
>
> [...]
> checking for guile - 1.6.0 <= version < 99.99.99... yes: 1.6.8
> checking for guile - 1.8.0 <= version < 99.99.99... no: 1.6.8
> ./configure: line 27413: syntax error near unexpected token `<<<<<'
> ./configure: line 27413: `<<<<<<< .mine'

seems like you have a merge conflict in configure.in.
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-de/2006-October/004501.html
proves that you are not the only one. Resolve it by cd'ing into the
repository and `svn revert configure.in'. You can also `svn status',
look for letter codes "C" (conflict) and ignore "?" (there should be a
few less after a successful install.sh run).

> I tried to "make distclean" in the repos directory, but that doesn't
> work either, probably beacuse install.sh sets some variables that are
> missing if you try to run make distclean directly. A known problem?

You should `make distclean' before `svn update', because otherwise you
may lose information what files to remove. But this would not solve your
problem anyway.

-- andi5

PS: If you change configure.in (e.g. by updating the repository), make
will call rules to regenerate configure and rerun that (failing here) to
regenerate the Makefiles.