Comiled under Win32 (WinXP Pro), Crashing when open data file from GC 2.0.1

Ivars Grinbergs mestule at inbox.lv
Thu Oct 26 11:09:10 EDT 2006

Hi,
just got compiled GC 2.0.2 under my Win XP Pro.

Have had to do slight workarounds:

1) de-installed active perl which was installed on system long before
tring to compile GC and which was referenced in PATH env variable:
without this change install failed!

2) I used old slib3a3 (when tried with new slib3a4 - compilation
failed), so I changed custom.sh from:
SLIB_URL="http://swiss.csail.mit.edu/ftpdir/scm/slib3a3.zip"
SLIB_URL="http://swiss.csail.mit.edu/ftpdir/scm/OLD/slib3a3.zip"

3) I also discovered, that if GLOBAL_DIR is "deeper" than one directory,
install.sh fails, e.g.,
ok: GLOBAL_DIR=c:\\gc
failed: GLOBAL_DIR=c:\\freeprogz\\gc

After successful run of install.sh, I can run GC. When I try to open
data file created and maintained by GC 2.0.1 under Knoppix, my fresh GC
2.0.2 @ Win32 crashes :( with the following output on msys console:

$ /c/gc/GNUcash/bin/gnucash

This is a development version. It may or may not work.
Report bugs and other problems to gnucash-devel at gnucash.org.
You can also lookup and file bug reports at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
The last stable version was GnuCash 2.0.2
The next stable version will be GnuCash 2.2

(gnucash:4056): Gtk-WARNING **: file_system_win32=022AD800 still has
handle=022E27A0 at finalization which is NOT CANCELLED!

Ivars