Possible workaround for CORBA problem on Win XP

Rogers, Baxter P. baxter.rogers at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sat Oct 21 21:01:03 EDT 2006

I ran into the CORBA/ORBit problem described here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/gnucash-devel@gnucash.org/msg16265.html

I recompiled with ORBit2-2.13.3 instead of ORBit2-2.14.2.  Now gnucash
runs for me without all the CORBA errors and gconfd-2 windows popping up
all around.  Since I'm not a developer I'm just fumbling around in the
dark, but I hope this is helpful to someone.  I used the gnucash
2.1.something (I think) source downloaded Oct. 20, 2006, with a most
recent Changelog date of 2006-10-09.

It's still not working RIGHT (I can't load my existing account file) but
hey, progress.

Baxter Rogers