Possible workaround for CORBA problem on Win XP

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Sun Oct 22 11:10:55 EDT 2006

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 21.10.2006, 20:01 -0500 schrieb Rogers, Baxter P.:
> I ran into the CORBA/ORBit problem described here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gnucash-devel@gnucash.org/msg16265.html
>
> I recompiled with ORBit2-2.13.3 instead of ORBit2-2.14.2.  Now gnucash
> runs for me without all the CORBA errors and gconfd-2 windows popping up
> all around.  Since I'm not a developer I'm just fumbling around in the
> dark, but I hope this is helpful to someone.  I used the gnucash
> 2.1.something (I think) source downloaded Oct. 20, 2006, with a most
> recent Changelog date of 2006-10-09.
>
> It's still not working RIGHT (I can't load my existing account file) but
> hey, progress.

COOL!

That is definitely progress. To ease the job of those that ran into the
same problem, may you try a bit more for us?
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/ORBit2
lists some precompiled ORBit2 packages. What is the most current version
that works for you? Maybe this also helps us to track this bug down :)

WRT loading your account file: Does GnuCash crash? Does it print
something to the command line or /tmp/gnucash.trace (this will be
somewhere in your Local Settings)?

> Baxter Rogers

-- andi5