Compiere

Christof Donat cdonat at gmx.de
Thu Oct 26 04:39:05 EDT 2006

Hi!

> Has anyone heard about Compiere? I learned about it from this
> LWN article: http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/205774/b5904cbddc0c5292/
>
> It states that Compiere is mainly about ERP and CRM but
> "There is also a full business accounting package". Apart
> from that the LWN article is about a fork in Compiere
> development.

Last time I looked at it (sca. 1/2 Jear ago) the Compiere-website stated that
they need Oracle as a DB. I found a PostgreSQL-port which I didn't get to
work in a stable way.

I also think that Compiere has a very complicated User-Interface. I had a hard
time to find out how to do some simple accounting. In contrast to that it was
a lot easier for me with tinyerp. On the other hand Compiere offers many more
details that you can handle that tinyerp does.

Both of them are not comparable to GnuCash. GC has no sophisticated ERP and
CRM features, but rocks especially with usability as an accounting tool.

Christof