Modified Advanced Portfolio report
thierry.scalais at village.uunet.be
Sat Sep 2 17:47:43 EDT 2006
I joined to this mail a modified version of the advanced-portfolio.scm.
It is name advanced-portfolio-new.com.
The differences with the original version from GnuCash 2.0.1 include
some bugs fixes and some new functions or behavioral differences.
Concerning the new functions or differences:
* The basis price column displays the base value per share. So,
it is easier to compare the cost of own shares and the shares
* A option permit to display share prices in the report
currency. Because the base value is displayed in the report
currency, it is easier to compare the base value and the price
when the share price currency is not the report currency.
* The moneyin column only totalises the amount of transaction
that increases the number of shares (purchases)
* The moneyout column only totalises the amount of transaction
that decreases the number of shares (sales)
* A profits column display the profit on sales
* The income column is the summation of expenses and incomes.
This column may be canceled with the option 'include gains and
* The display of the profits, incomes and unrealised gains
columns may be canceled by an report option
* A last column shows the 'annual growth rate' that is the
annual growth rate that applied up to now on the shares
transactions gives the total gain.
* prevents the summation of expenses and incomes in a
multi-splits transaction for each operation on the account
commodity found in the transaction. . In this case, the basis
computation was wrong because the number of shares in the
transaction was added to the basis-list for each operation on
the account commodity within the same transaction.
Multi-splits transaction with several split of operation on
the account commodity are automatically generated by the
* the exchange rate from the commodity price currency to the
report currency is no more applied on the transactions
* I applied the patch of Scott Oonk (bug#343245) to fix
truncation error in the basis calculation.
* clean up on gains computation.
* there are some other modifications and probably new bugs.
To try it you may add the line
(use-modules (gnucash report advanced-portfolio-new))
in 'standard-reports.scm' around similar lines.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 10769 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/attachments/20060902/43d829f7/attachment.bin
More information about the gnucash-devel