Issues building svn trunk - 14831

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Sep 10 23:06:35 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 20:50 -0600, Dave Herman wrote:
> I'm having problems building the current svn trunk to a different
> prefix.  Below is the last of a MAKE.  I'll also attach the commands
> used.
>
> systems are FC5 up to date.  1st is i386 latter is x86_64.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/home/dvherman/GnuCash/GnuCash-svn/lib/libgsf-1.12.3'
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/dvherman/GnuCash/GnuCash-svn/lib/libgsf-1.12.3'
> Making all in goffice-0.0.4
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/dvherman/GnuCash/GnuCash-svn/lib/goffice-0.0.4'
> Making all in goffice
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `/home/dvherman/GnuCash/GnuCash-svn/lib/goffice-0.0.4/goffice'
> creating goffice-paths.h
> /bin/sh: goffice-paths.h: Permission denied

Why would the permission be denied, here?  Did you unpack the tarball as
the same user you're building as?  Is there anything else weird in the
permissions around this file/directory?

> On a different system I removed all the files from the "GnuCash-svn"
> directory and preformed a "checkout" again from the trunk.  When I
> attempt a build, with the enclosed scipt, I receive the following
> message.
[...]

> Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, '..'.
> cp: cannot create regular file `po/Makefile.in.in': No such file or
> directory
> intltoolize: cannot copy '/usr/share/intltool/Makefile.in.in' to
> 'po/Makefile.in.in'
> **Error**: intltoolize failed.
> ./Build_Gnucash-svn: line 7: ./configure: No such file or directory
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

Huh.  Looks like autogen.sh never completes as it can't run intltoolize.
It intltool installed properly?  Are there more permissioning problems
on `po/`?

> [dvherman at FedoaCore5Eval GNUCash]$
>
> I use this script for the build.

Some comments on this script...

> sudo rm -rf /opt/gnucash-svn

It might be easier to just chown the /opt/gnucash-svn dir as your
building using, and not have to get `root`s account involved.

> cd /home/dvherman/GNUCash/gnucash-svn
> sleep 10

What are all these `sleep`s for?  In the absence of any backgrounding or
job control, commands in a shell script are run synchronously.

> make clean

If you want to be very thorough, try `make distclean` instead.

> ./autogen.sh  --prefix=/opt/gnucash-svn --enable-ofx

autogen.sh hasn't supported options for many moons, now.

--
...jsled