Issues building svn trunk - 14831

Dave Herman dvherman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 17:32:40 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 23:06 -0400, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 20:50 -0600, Dave Herman wrote:
> > I'm having problems building the current svn trunk to a different
> > prefix.  Below is the last of a MAKE.  I'll also attach the commands
> > used.
> >
> > systems are FC5 up to date.  1st is i386 latter is x86_64.
> >
> >> make[4]: Entering directory
> > `/home/dvherman/GnuCash/GnuCash-svn/lib/goffice-0.0.4/goffice'
> > creating goffice-paths.h
> > /bin/sh: goffice-paths.h: Permission denied
>
> Why would the permission be denied, here?  Did you unpack the tarball as
> the same user you're building as?  Is there anything else weird in the
> permissions around this file/directory?

Yes it was permissions, among other things I believe.  It now working on
this system.

Many thanks.

> > On a different system I removed all the files from the "GnuCash-svn"
> > directory and preformed a "checkout" again from the trunk.  When I
> > attempt a build, with the enclosed scipt, I receive the following
> > message.
> [...]
>
> > Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, '..'.
> > cp: cannot create regular file `po/Makefile.in.in': No such file or
> > directory
> > intltoolize: cannot copy '/usr/share/intltool/Makefile.in.in' to
> > 'po/Makefile.in.in'
> > **Error**: intltoolize failed.
> > ./Build_Gnucash-svn: line 7: ./configure: No such file or directory
> > make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> > make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
>
> Huh.  Looks like autogen.sh never completes as it can't run intltoolize.
> It intltool installed properly?  Are there more permissioning problems
> on `po/`?

Still have not resolved this one - appears that something is messed up
on this system.  Have checked permission !!

> > [dvherman at FedoaCore5Eval GNUCash]$
> >
> > I use this script for the build.
>
> Some comments on this script...
>

> > sudo rm -rf /opt/gnucash-svn
>
> It might be easier to just chown the /opt/gnucash-svn dir as your
> building using, and not have to get `root`s account involved.

Great idea - (blush) why didn't I think of that

> > cd /home/dvherman/GNUCash/gnucash-svn
> > sleep 10
>
> What are all these `sleep`s for?  In the absence of any backgrounding or
> job control, commands in a shell script are run synchronously.

They give me a chance to check for errors, if I'm at the system - if I'm
off for coffee/shiraz runs to completion.

> > make clean
>
> If you want to be very thorough, try `make distclean` instead.
>

> > ./autogen.sh  --prefix=/opt/gnucash-svn --enable-ofx
>
> autogen.sh hasn't supported options for many moons, now.

Opps

Thanks again

Dave