FAILURE xaccResolveFilePath test-resolve-file-path.c:81

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Sep 25 15:51:30 EDT 2006

Am Montag, 25. September 2006 19:00 schrieb Michael SEYMOUR:
> Le Dimanche 24 Septembre 2006 22:52, Christian Stimming a écrit :
> >
> > And just for the record: This is SVN trunk? (Which revision?)
>
> No. It is from the 2.0.1 tarball.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

In 2.0.1 we have a mixup of g_get_home_dir and getenv("HOME"). More
specifically, src/engine/gnc-filepath-utils.c uses getenv("HOME"), whereas
the failed test that you observed (engine/test/test-resolve-file-path.c) uses
g_get_home_dir. So the failed test is due to this mixup, and in trunk you
won't have this failed test. The error in 2.0.x is that these methods have
been mixed in the first place, but in trunk this is fixed.

It is now completely orthogonal to your original problem to discuss whether we
want to stick with the provided g_get_home_dir() or rather want to introduce
our own gnc_get_home_dir() that gives precedence to getenv("HOME"). (One
minor issue here is that g_get_home_dir returns const char*, whereas
getenv("HOME") returns char*, so it's not only completed by only replacing
the function call...)

Christian