GObject in GC implementation Plan

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 13 09:06:19 EDT 2007

"Daniel Espinosa" <esodan at gmail.com> writes:

> Yes me! and ask Phil, he'll find very usefull to have access the data
> using GdaDataModel becouse he can use the powerfull GdaQuery object to
> get the data asked by QofQuery.

I haven't seen Phil asking for this.

> I want to develope an applet (I don't have any experience on it, but I
> want to try) where you can quickly add a record to GC in a simple UI
> whitout call GC at all.

When why not do it as a bonobo plugin to gnucash?  There are other
ways to do this than rewriting all of gnucash to use your favorite
tool.

> Even I want to try over share data to Gnumeric, it uses can GDA, then
> you can get data from GC and create powerfull analisys tools.

I've seen no call for this kind of feature.  Nobody has come to us
asking for reporting that GnuCash can't already do with the existing
reporting interfaces.  Again, we don't need GDA for this.

[snip]
> I need your help in any task, I'm alone and I'm a simple voluntary
> with out any other help than me; I don't want to begin a separate
> project.

But it sounds like you DO want to begin a separate project.
All of us have been trying to point you in a direction that would
be useful to all of us, but you've continually decided to forge
ahead in your own ways without really listening to our guidance.
So yes, you seem to want to do this on your own, which is fine,
but that means you doing a separate project.

Personally, I'd rather have you help us with the GObjectification of
GnuCash and QOF...  But you need to do it within the current framework
and in a way that's reasonable to merge, hopefully with frequent
merging.

Which approach you take is up to you; we can't make you do it
our way, but if you choose to do it your own way we can decide
not to accept it.