Fwd: Welcome to our 2007 Google Summer of Code Students

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 18 22:38:57 EDT 2007

Oops, I left you off this.  I'm very sorry.
Thanks to David Reiser for pointing this ommision out to me on IRC.

-derek

----- Forwarded message from warlord at MIT.EDU -----
    Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:24:02 -0400
    From: Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>
 Subject: Welcome to our 2007 Google Summer of Code Students
      To: lasindi at gmail.com, chintan.agarwal at gmail.com, jmgreen7 at gmail.com

Hi,

My name is Derek Atkins, and I'm one of the core developers of
GnuCash and the GSoC Project Administrator.  You four have been
slotted by Google to work on the GnuCash project this summer.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on being selected.

If you haven't already, I recommend you subscribe to the
gnucash-devel mailing list.   Most of the development discussion
happens on that list.  You can subscribe through mailman
at https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel/
and I recommend you make sure it works.  Feel free to introduce
yourself, and please ask any questions you have.

I also suggest that you come to the IRC channel and hang out.
Most of the core developers hang out at irc://irc.gnome.org/#gnucash
but be aware that MOST of us are in the United States and hang out
during daylight hours here in GMT-0400 (EDT).  For example,
I personally tend to be around from 0900-2300 US/Eastern,
which is 1300-0300UTC.  Other developers are around during other
timeframes, but this is the best range to get most of us.

There's lots of information about gnucash on the website
<http://www.gnucash.org> and wiki <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/>
that you can peruse.  I'd also recommend that before the start
of the GSoC program you get yourself a working GnuCash build
environment by following the instructions on the wiki page
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building>.

If you have any questions feel free to ask your mentor or
me.

Welcome to GnuCash.

----- End forwarded message -----