win32: libssl32.dll installed by msysDTK?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Apr 26 15:07:46 EDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 26. April 2007 17:44 schrieb Andreas Köhler:
> > during my current WinXP new installation of gnucash I encountered the
> > "wrong openssl version" error message. It turned out that I already have
> > an openssl.exe installed in $MSYS_DIR/bin, together with libssl32.dll et
> > al in the windows/system32 directory. This openssl version has been
> > installed from msysDTK version 1.0.1.
> >
> > I wonder whether we should remove that openssl.exe and DLLs directly
> > after msysDTK installation?
>
> I have tried MSYS, msysDTK and the MinGW packages, but none of those
> installed anything into windows/system32.  msysDTK drops a probably
> statically linked openssl.exe binary though.
>
> May you please check once again, just for me? :-)

Ok, my previous statement was probably wrong. The point is that I have had
those libssl32.dll installed in windows/system32, but I have no idea at all
where they came from. I even wrote shell scripts that checked *every*
executable in PATH via http://dependencywalker.com whether it relied on those
obnoxius DLLs. What turned up were only
* the statically linked openssl.exe of msysDTK
* the svn executable which ships its own DLL into its bin directory
* and the actual openssl installation from source.

Nothing unusual. No idea where these originally came from. Maybe we should
adapt the error message a little bit... but clearly no error that we can
influence.

Regards,

Christian