win32: libssl32.dll installed by msysDTK?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Apr 27 04:11:21 EDT 2007

Quoting Andreas Köhler <andi5.py at gmx.net>:
>> Nothing unusual. No idea where these originally came from.
>
> I wonder why we care at all, because I think we are in the position to
> control which ssl libraries are used.  OpenSSL is installed after
> Subversion now and I will make install.sh bark if `which libeay32.dll'
> is not the correct one while install.sh runs.

Yes. Indeed I think this check is not necessary any longer. It used to
be necessary when we switched the openssl package, but right now we
can probably just remove that test.

> We cannot control what
> the user does afterwards with his PATH.  We can control gnucash.bat in
> gnucash\inst\bin though.  Most importantly, I think the distributed ssl
> libraries, lying in the same directory like gnucash-bin.exe, will
> always be picked correctly.
>
> What do you think?

Yes. By the installation method we are using now all should be fine
even if windows/system32 contains other weird DLLs.

Christian