Questions about gnuCash backend access

Samuel deHuszar Allen dehuszar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 11:49:29 EDT 2007

I am a Lotus Notes / web developer.  Have built a custom Notes app for
invoicing and billing and am wondering if there is a programmatic way to
create transactions and records in gnuCash.  If so, what languages/tools are
needed to talk to the program?   I am also curious how transactions are
stored internally.  XML?  Ideally, I would like to create a connection that
would allow either the Domino server, or a server agnostic webservice to
write and retrieve information from mobile devices/web forms.

Any information to these ends would be greatly appreciated.  And to be sure,
any webservice bridge I cobble together will be made available to the
public.  :)

My normal business email is sda at essentialforms.com, but we've had some
storms in the Chicago area and my mail server is out until the power comes
back up.  Please respond to dehuszar at gmail.com.

Thanks in advance,
Samuel deHuszar Allen
sda at essentialforms.com